Working with paths

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Working with paths

Postby tmrczk » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:03 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot for such a great tool!

Two things:

1) When using Control+J to change the active folder BRU refuses to work with the paths surrounded with the quotation marks. "c:\My Music\Pink Floyd\" does not work. It'd be nice if you could auto-eliminate quotation marks.

2) When supplying the starting path via the command line:

Bulk Rename Utility.exe c:\mp3 works fine, HOWEVER:
Bulk Rename Utility.exe c:\mp3\ (with the trailing slash) sends you to the default location :-(

These two things prevent me from using BRU from FAR commander that I am so used to.

I wonder if you could consider these two little things for the next release...

Best wishes,
Temuri

By the way - I wanted to contribute, however PayPal refuses to accept my credit card :-(.
tmrczk

Postby Admin » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:59 pm

Many thanks for these, I will make sure they are included in the next release.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby tmrczk » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:18 pm

Jim,

Many thanks for fixing those bugs!!!

Best wishes,
Temuri
tmrczk

Postby tmrczk » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:56 pm

Dear Jim,

I downloaded v.2.2.9.0 and discovered that both problems that I mentioned still exist.

I had an impression that you would fix them, or am I wrong? Any chance you would look at it for the next release?

Thank you,
Temuri
tmrczk

Postby Admin » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:10 pm

The Ctrl+J (with quotes) is fixed! The other one only seems to be fixed under certain circumstances (it works with some folders, not others. I'll try to resolve the outstanding issue for the next release, though this isn't scheduled for a few months.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions