File deletion

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

File deletion

Postby b01000100 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:34 pm

I apologize if this has already been brought up. I did a search and Idid not see it.

I had a situation where I was renaming some music files I had. With Windows Media Player, it will auto-download covers and pics of artists if you let it. I never noticed it because I play off of playlists all the time and never actually go to the directories. BUT, back to the point, I was renaming some files and there were pics in the folder that I did not want. I was wondering if there would be a way to delete the files from there. Now, I have not used this in a few months so I may be missing it so be gentle :wink:

Any input on this?

Adam

p.s. This program is great. When I take over the world you will have a spot at the top!
b01000100

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:29 pm

Hi,

Not really, BRU will only operate on the files you select, rather than "other" files.

What you could do though, is use the Windows search facility to seacrh for *.* and then sort by file-extension. All your MP3 files will be grouped together, but so will the images, and then you can quickly delete the images.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions