Files do not display in BRU explorer view

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Files do not display in BRU explorer view

Postby Avner » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:41 am

I'm new to this tool, so forgive me if this is an obvious user error. I'm looking at a folder on a remote drive but when I select the target folder, no files display in it. I know the files are there since I can see them via Windows Explorer. I tried a test search & replace on another folder on my desktop & it worked fine. The file extensions on the target files are .MOV if that makes any difference?
Help. Vendormail@ca.rr.com
Thanks,
Avner

Re: Files do not display in BRU explorer view

Postby Avner » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:05 am

Try exiting out of the utility & bringing it back up :D. The files should appear as normally expected.
Avner

Postby TI994A » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:25 pm

I have been using BRU 2.7.1.1 x32 on Win Vista x64 awhile without any problems, suddenly BRU stopped showing any file names, the DIR tree is shown and will refresh, but will not display files. I have closed & restarted BRU, shut down & restarted computer, BRU will NOT display files. I have not updated, installed or changed anything (MS & HP automatic updates set to manual)

What the heck could be going on ??

thanks BC
TI994A

Postby Muleiolenimi » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:25 pm

I thought I had the same problem. Try the following: Check your URL in Windows (click on the downward-facing arrow on the address bar) and make sure you're clicking on the right folder. Perhaps, you're in the wrong part of the dendrogram (I seem to have various folders called "Documents" for example...).
Muleiolenimi

Return to Suggestions