Here are various requests/suggestions. I suspect some of them have been requested before. Maybe you find some of them useful anyway.
- Various ways to speed up switching between several renaming configs (.bru files)
--- Add Favourites menu to the right of Help. Add option to specify what folder(s) to extract the Fav menus contents from.
--- Bring back the old Preset drop down box
--- Add hotkey and/or toggle button to toggle through all saved renaming configs (in some user set folder(s))
- Add option to set a default config .bru to be used on startup (it seems like BRU currently always sets the last opened .bru is as default)
- Add "mini-favourites": clicking on a field title (i.e. RegEx (1), Remove (5) ...) opens a context menu listing titles of saved configs that ONLY cover that specific field. Clicking a config loads it. Add one subfolder in BRU install folder for each field. Each .bru in the folder are shown in that fields mini-favourites context menu. Also add save save as... to each context menu
- Extend the task bar area that shows the title of a loaded .bru config file (longer file names are currently being cut off)
- Add option to customize what to add when preventing duplicate names (ideally, allow the user to define some set of the custom date parameters to be used)
- Right click menu for ticking columns enabled/disabled in file view window
- Drag and drop reordering for columns in file view window
- Add tabbed interface WITHOUT many screens for settings OR screen space waste:
Add tabs to switch between different renaming configs. So each tab contains a copy of all the possible settings but with a different config file loaded. Also, let the tabs appear on the same "row" as the menus (to the right of the menus), since an extra tab row under the menus would steal too much screenspace to be worth it. Add option to set which (if any) tabs to open on default BRU start. Let double click close a tab, let right click tab trigger a context menu with items save tab settings, save tag settings as..., close tab.
- Add several command line options, especially something like this:
/config [path]/config.bru = start BRU with specified saved renaming config loaded
/here [path] = start BRU with file view window set on the folder in the specified path (if the path is a file, then open the files folder
/newlocation [path] = save renamed files to specified path (to be combined with /auto). Overrides New Location setting in loaded config.bru
/auto [path] = use default renaming config to rename all files in path without opening the BRU GUI . Can be combined with /here, /newlocation and /config .