Manual at alternate location

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Manual at alternate location

Postby aakoch » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:07 pm

I tried to download the manual, but the site it is hosted on is blocked by my company. It would be nice to offer an "HTML version" or another location to which to download.

Or just a page with the ID3 tags listed, cuz' that's what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Adam
aakoch

Extract ID3 tag and insert MP3 meta tag into filename

Postby Stefan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:12 pm

The options menu provides you with a variety of methods to customise the application.
These are described below.

Options > Extract... > ID3 Data
Use this option to say whether or not ID3 (Version 1) tags will be extracted from MP3 files.
At present only Artist, Album and Title are extracted, but even this can slow down the processing a lot.
If you don't need these fields then leave this option un-ticked to speed up the processing.

Additions - Add a fixed prefix or suffix to the filename, and certain Exif and ID3 tags

This allows you to add a fixed text string to the start of the filename, and also a fixed text string
to the end of a filename. Useful for renaming MP3 files, where you can prefix all the filenames with
the artist or album name. You can also insert a text string at any point in the filename.

If you are processing JPEG files, you can also extract certain EXIF tags.
These are specified using substitution tags, which you key into the Prefix, Insert or Suffix boxes (box 7).
The tags current available are:

%a - Aperture
%e - Exposure
%f - Focal Length
%xb - Exposure Bias

If you are processing MP3 files, you can also extract certain ID3 tags (n.b. only V1 and V1.1 ID3 tags are supported).
These are specified using substitution tags, which you key into the Prefix, Insert or Suffix boxes (box 7).
The tags current available are:

%r - Artist
%l - Album
%t - Title
%k - Track Number

You can also specify %z to include the file size (using the format currently specified on the Options menu)

You may also choose to add a "WordSpace". This will insert a space before any capital letter (except the first character),
unless there's a space already there. So, the name "MyHoliday Photographs" would become "My Holiday Photographs".

Stefan

Re: Manual at alternate location

Postby Admin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:26 am

Blocking "FileKicker.com" ? It's a legitimate (and fine) file distribution host. :)
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions