Poll: Are you planning to upgrade to Vista

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Will you be taking the Vista route?

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes : 10

Poll: Are you planning to upgrade to Vista

Postby Admin » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:30 pm

Are you planning to downgrade (SORRY, upgrade) to Windows Vista if (SORRY, when) it's finally released?

BRU currently won't run on Vista Beta 2, but I do not know why. And until I can get a development platform in place, I will never know...

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby BRUFolio » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:35 am

While a many a present-computer-user will NOT "upgrade" to Vista, it will happen soon that all new comptuers will come with Vista installed and after a few short, fast, years, older users will make the switch as they replace their computers (and vista service pack 2 is out <g>)...

the only thing that could cause this prediction to not happen would be if Vista turned out to be another DOS 4.0, but that is quite unlikely, and even if it were, the service packs would transform it to DOS 5.0-ish-ness.
which would only delay the inevitable,,,,
BRUFolio

Postby Jane » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:46 am

I won't be rushing to downgrade to Vista. It doesn't offer me anything I need. I make my own computers, so I don't need to have the flavour of the month forced on me if I change hardware; I just install my OS on the new one. At some point I'll probably have to move to it, but not anytime soon.
Jane

Postby sst1 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:15 pm

While a move to Vista will be required on one of my (new) machines, I plan to keep running W2K for a few more years on another. Seems I'll skip the WinXp experience.
sst1

Vista

Postby Billd » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:58 pm

I would expect to upgrade to Vista once the first service pack has been released
Billd

Return to Suggestions