bulk rename Title

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

bulk rename Title

Postby pappi_c » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:03 am

When I try to listen to a book, the chapters are listed as titles, not names, and there's no way that I can rename the titles except one by one. I can't find any package that will rename titles.
How about adding this. :D
pappi_c

Re: bulk rename Title

Postby Dustydog » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:24 am

pappi_c wrote:When I try to listen to a book, the chapters are listed as titles, not names, and there's no way that I can rename the titles except one by one. I can't find any package that will rename titles.
How about adding this. :D

You'll need to use a tag editor, probably, for the easiest editing. Standardize filenames in Bulk Rename Utility, then run it through a dedicated tag editor - with consistent filenames, feeding the filename back into the tags is trivial. I use a lot of flac files which BRU doesn't support in the slightest, but BRU is still a part of the easiest workflow.

It's designed for classical music renaming primarily, but a very simple utility that is free and does this well is something called "Qoobar". You make a little pattern, and it stuffs your filenames back into the tags; supports pretty much every music file you'd ever want. Simple, free.

You might also look at this thing if you just want to do some quick batch editing from the context menu: http://www.softpointer.com/AudioShell.htm. It's excellent freeware from a company that hopes you'll buy their main product so doesn't come encumbered with garbage - no strings. If you do a lot, you might consider their main product or the excellent open source mp3Tag, which despite its name, isn't limited to mp3 tags and is a very deep product.

I too wish BRU fully supported every tag format - at least id3 and vorbis comments - in a way that allowed direct renaming of tags, and allowed information to freely flow from any combination of tags to filename and back, but there are enough specialized tools out there that I'm not going to push them about it :) I haven't used what little they do support simply because I use vorbis comments versus mp3 tags anyway.
Dustydog

Return to Suggestions