file sorting

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

file sorting

Postby regor » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:19 pm

is it possable to use the save file for a picture utility as a way to sort the files, paint shop pro uses a file called pspbrwse.jbf and I opened it in notepad and it does list the files in order with a lot of info the the progam uses in between them. it would be nice if it could do that as moving the files in the order I would like them is time consuming and larger batches is impossable
regor

Postby Admin » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:10 pm

Not as it stands no, the program doesn't support this type of fucntionality. However I could probably add it in, if you think there's enough demand for it. Is that file specific to Paint Shop Pro? If so, is it standard across all versions of PSP? I don't have PSP so it's a new one on me.

Would it help if I added a "custom sort import" facility, allowing you to import a text file listing the files in the specified order? BRU would expect ONLY the names to be the text file though, nothing else.

What do you think?

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby regor » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:49 am

read your reply and had to think about it...it might be easier to find or just have someone write a script that will extract the text that needs to be copied to notepad or simular...as I'm not sure how useful this feature would be for others...and are the save files the same for all versions of the program. you might waant to have a look at the save file for the program that you use..see if it stores the thumb with the file names as a header for them---->  office2007.jpg ...psp uses that as the style for the names...well for my version at least
regor

Return to Suggestions