Cannot use | right click > bulk rename here | when @ network

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Cannot use | right click > bulk rename here | when @ network

Postby rvindell » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:45 pm

Hi,

I've noticed it's not possible to do | right click file > bulk rename here | when you're on a \\server\smbshare\path\ type place, is this possbiel to fix with a simple regedit tweak to the bulk rename here launcher somehow? It works if you map network path to a drive letter.
rvindell

Re: Cannot use | right click > bulk rename here | when @ network

Postby Admin » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi, Bulk Rename Utility does not support network paths, only mapped drives.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby fung0 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:02 am

Admin wrote:Hi, Bulk Rename Utility does not support network paths, only mapped drives.

Lack of support for industry-standard Samba shares is a pain, but okay, I've mapped my main network drive to Z:. With BRU 2.x, this let me right-click a folder and open BRU on it; with version 3.x, this no longer works. Using the right-click "Bulk Rename Here" option on a folder on a mapped network drive opens BRU with no folder selected - a blank path up a the top of the BRU window, and the navigation pane showing the top of the list (C:). This means I have to manually navigate to my network drive every time, pretty much invalidating the command "Bulk Rename Here."

Another small but serious problem: when I use BRU (on any drive), the colors in the nav pane are such as to make it very hard to tell what folder I'm in. The current folder is marked using grey on a baby blue background, a combination that's very close to invisible. If I'm going down a list of folders, as I often do when managing photos, it's very hard to tell which folder I'm in. Is it possible to remap the colors to something a bit more legible? Again, this was much better in BRU 2.x, where the nav pane simply used stock desktop colors (i.e. black on white, with a colored highlight).

EDIT: I just noticed, the highlight is dark blue when the Nav pane is selected, but fades to near-invisible grey when I select the files pane. That's disconcerting and unnecessary. It's not as if the folder is somehow de-selected while I'm workin in it. Even a darker shade of grey would help.
fung0

Postby starkline59 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:26 am

I'm using v3x on one of my Windows 7 machines (x64), and mapped network drives are working fine for me.
starkline59

Postby Dustydog » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:09 am

starkline59 wrote:I'm using v3x on one of my Windows 7 machines (x64), and mapped network drives are working fine for me.

Same here as well. Could always try the workaround of copying the path and pasting it.
Dustydog

Return to Suggestions