Swap timestamps

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Swap timestamps

Postby KHL » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:01 am

Jim,

I know you need to concentrate on other things for a few weeks but I wanted to have this request at least placed on the "open items"-list.

I work a lot with external harddrives, thus I'd need an option to swap the "date created" and "date modified" timestamps, as windows sets the "time created" date to the date when the file/folder has been copied onto the harddrive.

Example see here:
The columns show the files' "modified"/"created" dates. You can see that every file obviously has been modified a long time before it has been created, which is - of course - Microsoft rubbish.

I guess this will be a mess to fix as you'd probably need an intermediate date/file, but I at least wanted to ask.

By the way, Build 2.5.1.0 (or WinXP?) always mentions "False parameter" when trying "Options/Timestamp...", but nevertheless changes to the parameter box anyway.
AND: There is a slight mistyping of "Date Modified" within the parameter box...

Cheers
Karl-Heinz

WinXP Pro SP2 / BRU 2.5.1.0
KHL

Postby Admin » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:13 am

Whoops, I never see the bug reports inn this post.

By the way, Build 2.5.1.0 (or WinXP?) always mentions "False parameter" when trying "Options/Timestamp...", but nevertheless changes to the parameter box anyway.

Does this still happen in the latest build? If so, can you describe how to recreate the bug?

AND: There is a slight mistyping of "Date Modified" within the parameter box...

Sorted for the next release....

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby KHL » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:54 am

Jim,

first of all:
Congratulations to your wedding.
Now it's easy to understand why you needed some time off...

May you and your partner have a harmonic marriage and life together.

How to recreate the bug (at least with MY system): Just select some files, choose Options|Timestamp... and here it is:

The chosen option remains active afterwards, it doesn't slip back to "No change", so everytime the user starts another rename, the dates will be changed, too. Should be better to deactivate automatically, at least after restart.

I don't have a problem with this bug, as it works fine though, but I would like to have the swap timestamp feature available.

See ya!

Karl
KHL

Postby Admin » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:01 pm

Unfortunately this is something I can't seem to recreate....

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions