Manual rename and Clipboard Code

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Manual rename and Clipboard Code

Postby trainman » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:41 am

Hi,
I love this program - been using it for years.
Unfortunately, with the latest update, I have lost some functionality I used all the time.

I take a lot of photos, and I might have about 2000 JPGs in a folder. I go through them and rename the first Image of each series using an image viewer. I then load BRU and copy the last part of the filename which contains the description, and paste it into "Suffix", then highlight the rest of the series and rename them.

In the latest update, I lost the ability to highlight a filename, then click on it again to rename it (so I can highlight the portion I wish to copy). Now I have to press F2 to do the same thing. Could you please bring back that functionality?

Secondly, would it be possible to have a code for the Clipboard to save me pasting into Suffix each time? That way I could simply put %C for example, and any text in the clipboard would automatically show up. Then I could highlight the part of the filename I want to copy and press CTRL-C, then highlight the rest of the files and press CTRL-R without having to paste the text into the suffix field.
trainman

Re: Manual rename and Clipboard Code

Postby Admin » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:04 am

Hi, I think the double-click to rename a file will be re-introduced as many people requested it!
And the %c for the clipboard sounds like a great feature to add. I have added it to the list of possible new features for next release.
thanks for the feedback!
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cheney » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:29 pm

I have 3.0.0.1. Previously I have had lots of previous versions. I don't think that double click to rename is in there currently and I used to use it ALL the time to copy stuff out to paste in to the search and replace fields. Now I have to manually type it in and my fat fingers makes this a long process. Any ETA on when this might come back?
Cheney

Postby proft » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:10 am

This is the main reason that I'm still using the old 2.7.1.3 version. Not being able to highlight a file, then click it again to edit the name (as is standard functionality throughout Windows Explorer and most every other file selection dialog), is a major inconvenience.
proft

Postby therube » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:50 pm

(On my end, in general, I'd expect a double-click to open said file, which is what happens in 3001.

In the case of a file renamer, I don't really see any need, particularly, for a 'file open' behavior (at least by default).

And that said, keyboard use, so F2, would be my automatic "go to" for Rename, rather then a mouse double-click.)
therube

Return to Suggestions