Import Rename Pairs from Clipboard

Would you like Bulk Rename Utility to offer new functionality? Post your comments here!

Import Rename Pairs from Clipboard

Postby shb » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:21 pm

Hey Jim- I'm wondering if you could supplement your "Import Rename Pairs" function with the ability to do the same thing but with the text on the clipboard. It could work exactly the same as the original tool (pipe delimiters and all), just pull the rename pairs from the clipboard instead of a text file. See, it's easy for me to dump data from my DB onto the clipboard, but a bit more challenging to go from the DB to a pipe delimited text file to BRU in an economical fashion.

Thanks!

BTW- Love the new "Clipboard Copy" menu. It's so very helpful.
shb

Postby Admin » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:36 pm

Yes I'm sure that feature could be implemented, I shall add it onto the list for a future release.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby shb » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:18 pm

Great! Thanks Jim.

Are you still targeting late July (at the earliest) for the next release?

-Scott
shb

Postby Admin » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:46 pm

Yes afraid so. I'm moving house on Friday so I've got absolutely no free time, and won't have for many weeks.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby shb » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi Jim-

I read on the downloads page that you're not actively developing BRU anymore, is that (gasp) really the case? And should I assume then that any of the additional functionality that was slated for addition to a future release will not be implemented? That's too bad, but I certainly understand given how much time it must take to maintain and update the program. If this is the end of the evolution of BRU, I would just like to say thanks and congrats on what is already a fine piece of software.
shb

Postby Admin » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:36 pm

Oops..... :oops:

No, that's definitely *not* the case :-)

This is what you could call "a case of mistaken identity". Or otherwise known as having two pages (from different websites) open in Dreamweaver and editing the wrong one :oops:

I had meant to update this one instead (which is/was one of my other projects).

BRU is very much alive!

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby shb » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:04 pm

Whew! What a relief. I wondered why no one else had commented on it. Long live BRU!
shb

Return to Suggestions