Automaticly Run Multiple RegEx Scripts

A swapping-ground for Regular Expression syntax

Automaticly Run Multiple RegEx Scripts

Postby Neil Jones » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:12 pm

I finally found the RegEx tutorial help I needed on Lynda.com and feel confident that I can learn to use RegEx and get proficient with it. What I think I now want to do is write a bunch of RegEx scripts and find a way to run them in different orders one right after another. So far I have not found Bulk Rename Utility to be a program that make running RegEx scripts, or even saved preferences, very easy to manage or automate. Windows does the managing with File Open. :( I think there should be a way to run RegEx scripts that is integrated within a file renaming program so it's not so cumbersome. I'd love to be able to combine saved preferences and create a name for a condition to make things more automated. Is there another file rename program that will do this? Am I missing something? Suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance! :D
Neil Jones

Re: Automaticly Run Multiple RegEx Scripts

Postby Stefan » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:11 am

suggested already

You cannot make another post so soon after your last.
Stefan

BRU only processes 1Regex per rename

Postby truth » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:59 am

IF you've already experimented by saving/opening different preferences-files (.bru's),
thats about as customized as you'll get, & no *.bru-file may contain more than 1 regex.

Sorry, I've no experience with other graphical renamers to make a suggestion.
I typically use sed/BRC within batches when BRU cant handle something.
Den4b ReNamer has been mentioned, I'll give it a try one day.
truth

Re: Automaticly Run Multiple RegEx Scripts

Postby Neil Jones » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:46 am

"IF you've already experimented by saving/opening different preferences-files (.bru's)..."

I have almost ten of them saved that I'm now using all the time. :D

"Den4b ReNamer has been mentioned, I'll give it a try one day."

I just downloaded it. I put it off for as long as I could. I really like how it works. I've only used it for 30 minutes so far but it's very logical to me. I experienced immediate success with it. So far I've only used ReNamer with RegEx scripts that I created. I definitely think it's more logical in how it runs RegEx than BRU is. All I seem to do is fail miserably when I try to use RegEx with BRU. :oops:
Neil Jones

Return to Regular Expressions