TV Show episode renaming

A swapping-ground for Regular Expression syntax

TV Show episode renaming

Postby Quijotesca » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:39 am

So I'm trying to rename some files so that Plex will read them right, but I'm not sure the best route to take. See, the problem is that I have several animation videos composing of two 11 minute segments that all the databases Plex currently reads from interprets as two separate episodes. This means I'm trying to change episodes formatted like S01E1 something to the effect of S01E01-E02. Maybe I should also mention that file extensions can vary. What's the simplest way to accomplish this?
Quijotesca

Re: TV Show episode renaming

Postby KenP » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:35 pm

It may be helpful to post some examples, Windows won't let you have 2 files with the same name in the same folder so the 2 part animations must have something in the title that differentiates them or they must be in separate folders.

Sorry but it's difficult to be of any help without more information about the file-name format or/and folder structure.
KenP

Postby Quijotesca » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:42 am

There wouldn't be duplicate file names.

For example, 02E01 Beaver Fever & Same Time Last Week.mkv should be S02E01-E02 Beaver Fever & Same Time Last Week.mkv and the and the one after that should be 2E02 Kandid Kreatures & Fakin' It.mkv should be S02E03-E04 Kandid Kreatures & Fakin' It.mkv
Quijotesca

Postby KenP » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:49 am

I meant examples of what you now have not what you want, if you currently have files in 2 or 3 parts there must be something that differentiates the first part from the second part ec't, either that or they're in separate folders.
KenP

Return to Regular Expressions