Long Time User. First time problem.

A swapping-ground for Regular Expression syntax

Long Time User. First time problem.

Postby BDigital976 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:35 am

Hello,
I am a long time user of BRU and when I first downloaded it before the site updated I found a .bru that helped me out a lot. I recently bought parts for a new computer and lost those .bru's in the transfering.
My files all have random names:
halflife2walkthrough.doc
whateveritis.gif
wateranalysisreport012207.mp3
wateranalysisreport.jpeg

and on and on and on...
I want them to look like this:
01.doc
02.gif
10.doc
11.doc
100.doc
101.doc
I found that file in the forums a long time ago but the entire site has changed so I was wondering if anyone still has that .bru that I can grab or can point me in the right direction to the settings or files for BRU to make those numbers I would be very grateful. Thanks for helping me out with this.
BDigital976

Re: Long Time User. First time problem.

Postby Admin » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:58 am

Hi,

I'm confused how you get from those original names to the new names, as there seems to be no pattern. It looks like you are simply removing the whole name and replacing it with a number, is that correct?

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby BDigital976 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:30 am

Yes I am just removing the entire name itself, keeping the extension and renaming it to follow that pattern I showed earlier. Thank you for any help you could provide me.
BDigital976

Postby Admin » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:30 am

Hi,

In which case just use the option to remove the filename, and then use the option to use an autonumber suffix (or prefix). That's all you need. No need for a RegExp.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Return to Regular Expressions