Possible Bug - Name length Min and path Length Min

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Possible Bug - Name length Min and path Length Min

Postby Zoandar » Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:05 am

I just started using this newest version 2.2.7.0, after being away from this utility for over a year. In the last version I used, the Name Length Min and Path Length Min fields at the bottom, ctr of the window allowed me to enter 3 digit entries, like 100, for example. In this current version, you CAN enter 3 digits, but only the last 2 digits get displayed. You can see all 3 digits if you use the left arrow key after entering, say 100. But if you do not use the arrow key, you will only see "00".

Just a minor concernt that you might want to address.

Hey, thanks for adding in the ability to copy the filename AND the path name to the clipboard! It makes for easier zeroing in on those pesky 100+ character path nameed files!

My primary use for this utility is to roust out path names too long for CD-Burning and other apps to digest. Tonight's ghost revisited after so long was a path name length exceeding 260 characters. Nero had no trouble burning it. But the Digital Disc Manager software that catalogs the disc for my Dacal CD Library Unit choked on it, and refused to catalog the disc content. Glad to have your fine utility to help settle the "dispute".
Zoandar

Postby Admin » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:36 pm

Thanks for pointing this out. It's a font thing, andonly seems to affect some systems. I'll make the field a bit bigger in the next release to cope with the larger numbers.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Zoandar » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:24 pm

OK. Thanks for maintaining this fantastic and FREE utility! it saved me a lot of time last night, and I was happy to donate the $ I sent! :D
Zoandar

Return to BRU Support