jsf004 wrote:Hello! I have a large amount of files I need to rename in my archives. The file names look like this:
And I need them to look like this (respectively):
I have an Excel spreadsheet .XLS with the "pa20854" and "1424193168" linked on the same row. Is there anyway I can get this to convert multiple (10,000+) files the way I need them? I hope this ? isn't too confusing thatnks for your insights in advance!
you would need both old and new name in full, not only such parts as "pa20854" instead of "pa20854CemeteryPromises_Cvr1"
Then you would be able to do this with BRU.
* load your file in BRU
* select all files an right click >> context menu >> Clipboard > Names
* paste this names into an excel sheet
* in the next column enter an pipe-symbol '|' and copy this down to all rows (read excel help or google to automate this (and explain us how to do) )
* in the next column paste your new name
* save this as text file
* read the help file "Renaming From A Text File"
* import the text file into BRU with "File > import Rename-Pairs"
Check out the help file >>>> "Renaming From A Text File"