Crash when clicking Reset for Desktop files

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Postby KHL » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:00 am

Jim,

have just recognized that BRU crashes any time the chosen path is "Desktop" and "Reset" is clicked.

Also, clicking "Reset" deselects all files and requires new selection.
May it be possible to reset only the enabled renaming boxes, but keep the active selection of files valid?

And last not least, any chance to get a new button "Deselect all" that keeps the enabled renaming boxes valid, but deselects the files only, below the "Reset"-button? I know there is the shortkey <Ctrl><D> available in the menu. Just want to ask...

Thx
Karl-Heinz
Win2000 SP4, BRU 2.2.8.3 Beta
KHL

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:34 pm

Hi,

I can't get the crash re: Desktop and Reset. Seems to work for me. What files/shortcuts do you have on your desktop?

Re: Reset. yes, this is already changed for the next release, so that it doesn't reset the criteria in boxes 11 and 12.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby KHL » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:34 pm

Jim,

have tried to specify this. It seems it's related to my machine.
BRU even crashes when selecting any folder in the tree and going back to the desktop. I can deal with it.

What about the "avoid deselection when clicking Reset"-feature I asked for? Any chance to get this implemented?

Karl
KHL

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:17 pm

Unfortunately there's not really enough room on the screen for new buttons, especially ones which replicate existing logic. Isn't CTRL+D enough for what you need?

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Avoid deselection of files by <Reset>

Postby KHL » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:12 am

Jim,

of course <Ctrl><D> is enough.
There just isn't enough room in my head to keep all these shortkeys in mind... :oops:

What I'd like to ask for is to change <Reset> as follows:
I often select lots of non-consecutive files for renaming.
I also use 3/4/5+ different blocks at once.
If the preview reveals any results that I did not want to get, I will either need to change each of the active blocks, or press <Reset> alternatively.
But <Reset> deselects my list of files and I need to mark them again.

That's what I'd like to have fixed in the next release.

Cheers.
Karl-Heinz
KHL

Return to BRU Support