Change folder modified to date as same to the files inside

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Change folder modified to date as same to the files inside

Postby AlterEgo » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:38 am

Well ,

The topic says it all. Can Bulk Rename help me in that. Maybe its a feature that can be looked into for future releases. Although bulkrename mostly is meant for files, my requirement is about folders, based on the method of organizing the file collection.

I have a scenarios where I moved my (movie+music) collection to a rescue harddisk and then back to the original harddisk using File Explorer copying tool.

Now I did fill the original harddisk at various times with media content. When I browse these contents on my NMT Media Center and sort ascend/descend based on the folder date, I can easily find all the recent or the oldest media.

During this rescue procedure , when the original media is copied back to its place (from the rescue harddisk) , I notice that all folders have the modified date as of today (or the day it was done). As a result when I sort the media contents on my media theater, all folders are lined up at the same level, making it virtually impossible to sort the most recent media.

I have noticed that the modified date of the folders is set to the current date ( date when the copying took place), however the media files inside (usually one per folder) retain their original modified date (the actual date when they were transferred to the media collection).

So is there a way or a custom script which can be made to check all the folder contents, and set the MODIFIED DATE of the FOLDER as equal to the most recent MODIFIED DATE of the FILES (maybe more than one in some folders) found inside each folder.

I hope I am able to explain my requirement.

Would appreciate expert guidance.
AlterEgo

Return to BRU Support