help with reorganising file list to play on mp3 player

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

help with reorganising file list to play on mp3 player

Postby adamb1 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:21 am

Hi everyone. I have been trying to randomly sort the music files that i have on my mp3 player with the BRU, but each time i rename that files, it does not rearrange the order that the songs are played. I have tried randomly sorting, then numbering after that, but on the player, it still plays the original order. When i try a new location to move them to, the program copies the files so this takes ages, (an hour or two). Can any one help me?
adamb1

Postby Admin » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:08 am

Hi Adamb1,

It's a bit difficult, without knowing which MP3 player you are using. However, my feeling is that your MP3 player is sorting the files based upon their MP3 "ID" tags, which are tags hidden inside the files.

What I suggest you do is rename the files how you want, perhaps using the Random feature of BRU. Then Google for a freebie called "JJ Renamer". THis excellent utility allows you to fully edit the ID3 tags. One nice feature is that you can set the ID3 tags from the filename.

Hope this helps,

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

thanks

Postby adamb1 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:59 pm

Hey that seems to do the trick, thanks for yur help
adamb1

Return to BRU Support