Can BRU remove spaces

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Can BRU remove spaces

Postby jiggyfly » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:13 pm

I am looking to remove spaces from a file name convention. Is there a a way to do this? I normally use the find and replace feature in editors to remove spaces from text, but BRU wants a charachter to be replaced. Any help?
P.S. I love this utility! I have been fiddling with code to perform this task and could not produce a product nearly as good as this! I have turned many different folks from many professions on to it and encourage them to donate.
jiggyfly

Postby Admin » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:43 pm

Hi,

Have you tried just entering a single space in the "removals" bit? That should work nicely.

Hope this helps,

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can BRU remove spaces

Postby Stefan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:54 pm

jiggyfly wrote:I am looking to remove spaces from a file name convention. Is there a a way to do this? I normally use the find and replace feature in editors to remove spaces from text, but BRU wants a charachter to be replaced. Any help?
P.S. I love this utility! I have been fiddling with code to perform this task and could not produce a product nearly as good as this! I have turned many different folks from many professions on to it and encourage them to donate.

Hi jiggyfly,

there at least two ways to do this,

- use Repl.(3) and but an space in the Replace field
- or use Remove(5) and put an blank in the Chars field

see the example in the following picture, (imaging that '#'-sign are blanks/space)

Stefan

Postby jiggyfly » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:34 pm

Thanks for the replies! nice
jiggyfly

Return to BRU Support