Rename on external drive on home network.

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Rename on external drive on home network.

Postby EagleBrewing » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:53 pm

Hello all ...
Sorry for the long post, but I need to explain ...
Been using BRU for quite some time on my computer. Love it for my music and books.
I recently put my files on an external drive on my home network for access by my wife on her computer.
I am now having trouble using BRU to rename the .mp3 files on that drive.
I've been looking in the forum and I am not finding a definitive answer. I thought I saw somewhere that I couldn't access network drives.
Then I think I saw something about adding a network location pointing to the networked external drive in Windows Explorer and then it will show up when you open BRU.
I did that, and I could swear that I did some renaming on the network drive, as I remember whooping, yes, it works!
But that was last week, and I sometimes can't remember past a few days ago. Getting old is the pits!
Last week I had to rebuild my computer due to a browser hijacker.
Now, after rebuilding, I can't get BRU to work on my network drive.
The file tree shows all the folders on the network drive (based on the Network Connection done in WinExplorer), but I cannot get the .mp3 files to show up.
I have the same set of files on my C:Drive and BRU works just fine there.
It's like there is a filter that is set or needs to be set or taken off? I currently have an '*' in the Selection box (12). I have tried *.mp3, *.flac, etc.
I know there is a lot of stuff that can be entered on the main BRU window, but as I understand it, you only need to enter what you want to change. So, based on previous experience, I have not entered anything, and my files show up. Then I can rename, counter, etc.
So, any thoughts? Can renaming on a network drive be done or not? I don't want to spend any more time on it if it can't be done.
If there is a post(s) in the forum that discusses this, could someone please point me to it.
Thanks in advance ...
Bob
EagleBrewing

Re: Rename on external drive on home network.

Postby jacosta@trialex.com » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:15 pm

Hit Control+J to Jump Directly to a Path. However, it seems to open up every branch in the directory tree after you jump to a directory. I'm trying to tackle the issue of stopping it from doing that now. Also, you can drag and drop entire folders into the upper right window to work on. Hope that helps.

Jonathan Acosta
Trial Exhibits, Inc
jacosta@trialex.com

Return to BRU Support