Export List of Old Name/New Name?

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Export List of Old Name/New Name?

Postby ElfMajesty » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:22 pm

Hello, all. I have searched the board for this, but haven't come up with anything and it seems like it should be something I can do. I need to keep a record of the Old Name to New Name listing somehow and just cannot figure out how I can do that? Even just a .csv file would be fine. Any suggestions (or point me to the obvious if it is there somewhere!) would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Elf
ElfMajesty

Re: Export List of Old Name/New Name?

Postby ElfMajesty » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:20 pm

All,

I believe I have a solution to this utilizing the Log file. I finally got the Log to work by running BRU as an Administrator. However, every time I try to use the Log file (or create a new one) it keeps bringing up the original Log file from the first time I did it and not writing anything new. I've tried to delete the .log file and do another rename. I've also renamed the original .log file to OLD so it should create a new one. However, every time it just brings up the first one again. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Elf
ElfMajesty

Postby ElfMajesty » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:52 pm

Okay - I'm pretty frustrated now. :) I've uninstalled the program, reinstalled, restarted, etc., etc. and every single time the .LOG file is the same exact file that I used the very first time I turned on the Log Activity option. It won't overwrite it, or add to it or create a new one in any way shape or form. It's like that very first one has rooted itself somewhere and won't let go.

Hopefully someone will see this post and be able to assist getting the Log to be corrected.

Thanks,
Elf
ElfMajesty

Postby ElfMajesty » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:24 pm

Well, I was finally able to wipe out that Log that was "hanging around" and it appears to be working normally now. Had to uninstall older version and reinstall the latest one which seemed to clear the issue. I know I'm just having a conversation with myself at this point, but thought I'd update in case anyone runs into the same issue ever. :)

Cheers,
Elf
ElfMajesty

Postby Stefan » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi Elf, welcome!

ElfMajesty wrote:I need to keep a record of the Old Name to New Name

Example:

Repl.(3)
Repl: e
With: X

Right click context menu on the file list >> Clipboard Copy >> Filename + New Filename + Ext.
Code: Select all
industie 2.doc    industiX 2.doc
Industie 3.doc    IndustiX 3.doc
Industrie 1.doc   IndustriX 1.doc
Lebenslauf.doc    LXbXnslauf.doc
Stefan

Postby ElfMajesty » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:18 pm

Wow! Could it have been more simple? Thank you so much for the information, Stefan. That is exactly what I needed and I knew it had to be somewhere. Right-click menus . . .. ah, gotta love 'em. :)

On another note - I know that I can use a text file to do an import rename pairs. Do you happen to know if you can use one that has direct path information to the originals instead of just file name? I'd rather not have to do each folder individually on a project and I can't use the normal rename pairs of just Original|Change because some folders have the same files in them and I need those named something different. I'll post this on the board as well at a new topic if I can't find anything about it.

Thank you again!

Cheers,
Elf
ElfMajesty

Return to BRU Support