Unusual Date Stamp Problem

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Unusual Date Stamp Problem

Postby MrGilbo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi there,

I've just renamed a large amount of files based on the date stamp of the file. However, the date attributes I'm seeing in BRU are all exactly 1 hour ahead of the date attributes I see when examining the file in Windows.

For example, a digital photo taken at 18.44 on 12th October (confirmed by file properties and the EXIF information in the photo) shows up in BRU with the created and modified date as being 17.44 on 12th October.

The only thing I can think of is that, because I live in the UK, at the end of October our clocks went back an hour from DST to GMT (marking the end of British Summer Time). Could this possibly have something to do with it? It's almost like BRU has retrospectively forgotten to apply the +1 DST clock change at the point file was created... but I don't know how date attributes are stored.

In any event there's definitely something wrong with the way BRU is calculating the date stamp. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
MrGilbo

Re: Unusual Date Stamp Problem

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:12 am

Hi , is the timestamp only wrong in BRU or also in Windows ? thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unusual Date Stamp Problem

Postby MrGilbo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:15 pm

Hi there,

The problem was that BRU was listing a modified date that was one hour ahead of both Windows and the EXIF information.

Originally I was attempting to merge a series of photos taken from two different cameras into one chronologically correct album by naming all the files by their picture date. However, since then I've re-installed Windows and just had another try with some fresh photos. This time the time stamps that BRU reports are correct. It must have been some kind of oddity with my Windows installation.

Thanks.
MrGilbo

Return to BRU Support