Create multiple stub files from single source input file

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Create multiple stub files from single source input file

Postby GoogleRocks » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:13 am

Hi there. Came across your file utility software last week while working through a solution on the XBMC.org website. Extremely impressed with BRU's power and functionality! My question may very well fall outside of the intended functionality, however there are some very smart folks hanging out in this community - so...

I have over 400 dvd's for which I need to create (write to directory) stub files for, in order to incorporate the titles into my Home Theatre PC along with other media. The stubs are essentially empty text files created under two specific naming conventions. The first is for movies " C:Users\Public\Movies\moviename.dvd.disc " and the second is for TV Series sets stored in a season-episode format like " C:Users\Public\tvseriesname\s01-e01-02-03-04.dvd.disc ".

I have created a csv text file encompassing the entire list of the respective media files to be created, hoping to run a batch-mode creation process against. I couldn't imagine doing it manually within my lifetime, lol. After going through all of the documentation and searched/reviewed threads here, the closest I've been able to get within the BRU environment is the "Import and Rename In Pairs" function. Close but not enough. Is there a way within BRU to accomplish this or does anyone know of a script or software platform that they could point me towards.

Thanks in advance!
GoogleRocks

Re: Create multiple stub files from single source input file

Postby Stefan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:03 pm

Still no glue what you are after???
Could explain better? Like, before it looks like "this", and after like "that".
But please remember this is a tool to rename files.
Stefan

Re: Create multiple stub files from single source input file

Postby GoogleRocks » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:55 pm

Thanks for the reply, however I have already resolved this with help creating a simple command script. The script created nearly 800 "dummy" text files in about 30 seconds, based on a csv reference list of the movie titles and tv shows in my physical dvd library. In the event that someone else stumbles across this post in searching for a similar solution, this is the link to my discussion on the topic: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=156264

Thx.
GoogleRocks

Return to BRU Support