Is this a bug? - Add extra file extension doesn't work

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Is this a bug? - Add extra file extension doesn't work

Postby HenrikR » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi!

Bulk Rename Utility looks very good and seems very well thought through, but I can't seem to get it to add an extra file extension to a large amount of files in several sub-directories.

In 'DOS-terms' my wishes would look more or less like this:
REN "*.wp*" "*.wp*.wpd" /subdirs

In 'Selections (12)' I think I have selected the right files: '*.wp*' and 'Files' and 'Subfolders' are ticked. And in 'Extension (11)' I have chosen 'Extra' and typed 'wpd'.
But the Rename-button is grey and the 'New name' column is identical to the original name.

Best regards,
Henrik R.

I forgot to mention that I use the newest 64-bit version (BRU_Setup_WinNTx64.exe) on an ASUS K53E with Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit).

May 2, 2013:
A week has passed and no-one has responded to my message. Am I describing a known bug? - Which I don't know... :-)
Or is there something basic about how the program operates, that I have missed?
HenrikR

Re: Is this a bug? - Add extra file extension doesn't work

Postby Admin » Fri May 03, 2013 2:34 am

Hi, did you tick the check-box next to "Extension (11)? I tried this and it seems to work fine. thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is this a bug? - Add extra file extension doesn't work

Postby HenrikR » Fri May 03, 2013 11:42 am

"Extension (11)" is ticked.
But I just discovered that I have to mark files on the list before the new name is actually shown and the Rename-button is activated...
Now it works perfectly!
But thanks anyway!
HenrikR

Return to BRU Support