Adding Progressive Date

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Adding Progressive Date

Postby Rami » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:58 pm

I want to rename a collection of magazines that I downloaded, but it came numbered from 01 to 52 I Know it comes out on Sundays so I would Like to put the dates in the file name also, but I can't find the option in BRU, if there any way of doing this? I have already looked thrugh all the auto-date options, so I figure It would only be possible by the Numbering Option, but since I can't understand the Type\Base option I would like to know if there is A way of modifying it with BRU and if not, if there is a other method of doing this cause I also have a great collection of podcasts that I have to date.
Rami

AutoDate & Numbering only ADD to OrigFilename @Spec'dPositio

Postby truth » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:13 am

8AutoDate only adds a file's date-criteria to OrigFilename (with options to affect the addition)
10Numbering is much the same, only the number-additions are configurable
No text within OrigFilename is matched for editing

Side-note:
10Numbering/Type sets the number-system with BaseX where X=#UsableDigits(beginning with 0)
Base2=0-1, Base8=0-7, Base10=0-9, Base16=0-F, etc

But to reiterate:
10Numbering and 8AutoDate only alter OrigFilename by ADDing to it at spec'd location(s)
They match nothing within OrigFilename (besides CharPositions) to be interpreted/edited in anyway

You'll need something else to convert Filename Week#'s -> FullDates (once you know the year)
Just depends what apps you have avail, I'd probably use Excel for the conversion.
From there, I'd create a rename-pairs file to handle the renaming
truth

Return to BRU Support