Add Image Dimensions

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Add Image Dimensions

Postby natbrazil » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:51 pm

Hi,

I need to append image dimensions to file names. The same dimensions that one can see via Windows Explorer. Will BRU do this? If so any help would be appreciated. If not, any suggestions of anything that will?

thanks
Nat
natbrazil

Append Image Dimensions as -WidthxHeight

Postby truth » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:54 am

BRU isnt much of a file-reader, that's what makes it such a fast renamer.
It can read a few file-properties for extraction, but 'dimensions' isnt one of them.

Exiftool works well for this (& alot more) if you dont mind using commandline tools.
It does let you selectively drag filenames to a shortcut for processing, but I never use it.
Examples below:

exiftool "-filename<%f-${ImageSize}.%e" "C:\DirName"
Appends all image-files in C:\DirName with -WidthxHeight (regardless of filename)
Omit "C:\DirName" (& any filespecs) if creating a shortcut for dragging your files to.

exiftool -r "-filename<%f-${ImageSize}.%e" -if "not $imagesize eq ${filename;s/.*?-([0-9]+x[0-9]+)\.[^\.]+$/\1/}" "C:\DirName"
Same as above, but recurses all SubDirs & wont touch images already having the correct -WidthxHeight appended.
Omit -r to leave SubDirs alone

Sorry I cant recommend something more graphically-based, if that's what you prefer.
Hopefully, others will have some experience with them to make a suggestion.
truth

Return to BRU Support