Renaming files across multiple folders at once?

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Renaming files across multiple folders at once?

Postby copycatalyst » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:19 pm

Hi all,

So basically I have about 1500 files in as many folders all named "image (1).jpg." I'm trying to rename them to just be "image.jpg" so they work with a different program I'm using. Is there a way to tell BRU to search the main root folder for "image (1).jpg" and rename them all to "inage.jpg" without having to go through each individual folder one by one? I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but can't figure it out :?

Sorry if it's a dumb question. Thanks for your help!
copycatalyst

Re: Renaming files across multiple folders at once?

Postby jrschell » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:33 pm

I was going through some older threads and noticed this one was not answered. So, if you still have not gotten the answer somewhere else, this is how you will do it:

-In the "tree" window (the one on the top left of the program) select the folder that contains all of the of the folders that contain the "image (1).jpg" files.
-Below, in the "Selections (12)" area, click the box next to "Subfolders". Also, enter in the name "image (1).jpg" into the box to the right of "Filter"
-In the "Repl. (3)" area, fill in " (1)" in the box next to "Replace" and leave the box next to "With" empty.
-Make sure all the files are selected and you are getting the correct results in the "New Name" column up in the "list" window. If everything is correct, click on the "Rename"

Hope this helps.
jrschell

Re: Renaming files across multiple folders at once?

Postby Admin » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:06 am

Thanks jrschell, much appreciated by us and I am sure by the users too!
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support