Taken (Original) Date is showing something inaccurate

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Taken (Original) Date is showing something inaccurate

Postby teredactle » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi, when I load up my pictures, the main screen with the column "Taken (Original) Date" is showing a date that is not the actual date from the EXIF data as the Original Taken date. It's very obvious this is wrong and not sure why this is the case; when I AUTO DATE the files and use a prefix by using the Taken (Original) date, the naming used is not on par with the date in that column.

Running 2.7.1.1

teredactle

Re: Taken (Original) Date is showing something inaccurate

Postby teredactle » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:54 pm

Oops, looks like the latest version resolved this issues (2.7.1.3). Any way to change the displayed columns in the preview window, I can't seem to find a way of doing that. I'd like to see Camera Model there for example.

Thanks!
teredactle

Postby phierry » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:17 am

I have found that the Date Taken (Original) does not even appear in my list of files on the program. I would like to rename all my pics (jpeg) files with the date in sort order as a prefix. That is, year month day format. But I not do it in BRU. I have read all items on the help menu and also posts on this page, but nothing has helped. I have checked the file properties and they all show the date taken as I would expect, yet the BRU does not read it. Is there some setting I have yet to find to change it? The EXIF facility doesn't do anything. regards
phierry

Postby Admin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi, please see FAQ (third question)
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Faq.php
Did you enable the option "Extract EXIF data" ?
thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support