Repl.(3) function stopped working

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Repl.(3) function stopped working

Postby ralphgarcia » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:51 pm

I am a newbie. I am working on a project that requires file names that are very similar except for the leading part. I was successfully replacing the leading part of multiple files names. I did this a few times but now, BRU is not working. I am using the latest version: 2,7,1,3 with Win8 Enterprise, 64bit.

Example:
name1-feature1-rating.pdf
name1-feature2-rating.xlxs
name1-feature3-rating.txt

must change to :
name2-feature1-rating.pdf
name2-feature2-rating.xlxs
name2-feature3-rating.txt

With these filenames highlighted in the upper right corner box:
1) in the Replace box I typed: name1
2) in the With box I typed: name2
3) clicked on R box

The rows under the New Name column were changing as I typed name2. Then when I clicked on R, the rows under the Name column and the rows under New Name column updated with name1 changing to name2

This worked as expected a few times. But now clicking on R clears the values typed into the Relace and With boxes and no changes are made to the files names.

This is the only feature I have tried. I was very careful not to change the other default values. I uninstalled BRU and reinstalled it with no improvement.
Is this a bug? Or am I an idiot? (I hope I am an idiot :shock: )

BTW, I am very impressed with this utility when it is working.
ralphgarcia

Re: Repl.(3) function stopped working

Postby Stefan » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:23 pm

That is what the [R] is supposed to do: resetting the entered values to the default 'nothing'.

As the help states:
The Main Screen

Command Buttons

· R - at the top of each group of controls there is a button entitled simply R. This will reset the criteria in that particular box.

Perhaps something other is going on? Please read the help again to get familiar with BRU.

Stefan

Re: Repl.(3) function stopped working

Postby ralphgarcia » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:17 am

Well I was an Idiot.

Somehow I got into my head that the R button stood for Replace. On the first day I used BRU, day, when BRU was working as expected, I was clicking the Rename button as required. The next day, I must have had a stoke and started clicking the R (reset) button by mistake.

Thank you Steran for you quick resonse.
ralphgarcia

Return to BRU Support