Merge Conflicting Rename Pairs

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Merge Conflicting Rename Pairs

Postby MajinCry » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:15 pm

Hullo there.

Been using this doozey of a program for modding Skyrim, and I've hit a lil' snag; there are conflicting entries in my rename pair lists.

As it stands, I have ten lists which change the names of dialogue files to represent the speech they contain. Trouble is, due to the way that the game's dialogue is updated, is that there are conflicting entries. That in and of itself is not a problem, as I can apply the lists generated from the latest content updates, apply those first and then apply the earlier updates.

But that's a problem in and of itself; it's tedious.

My lists are as follows:

01DialogueDragonbornUnofficial.txt - Latest update, applied first to ensure that legacy (I.E, misspelled/bugged) transcriptions are not used.
02DialogueDragonborn.txt - Second latest update, applied second for the same reason as above.
03DialogueHearthfiresUnofficial.txt - Applied third, etc.
04DialogueHearthfires.txt
05DialogueDawnguardUnofficial.txt
06DialogueDawnguard.txt
07DialogueSkyrimUnofficial.txt
08DialogueUpdate.txt
09DialogueSkyrim.txt
10DialogueMisc.txt - Applied last, contains transcriptions done by yours truly, for dialogue files that were not covered by the generated lists.

An example of why it is ordered in such a way:

01DialogueDragonbornUnofficial.txt - dialogue_windhel_0012A7b9_1.fuz|Greetings traveler, come and take a rest by the fire.fuz
02DialogueDragonborn.txt - dialogue_windhel_0012A7b9_1.fuz|Greetings come and take a rest by the fire.fuz

As you can see, the second latest update (02DialogueDragonborn.txt) is missing a couple tidbits from the transcription, which the latest update has corrected. Now, surely if I merge the two lists, there would be two entries for dialogue_windhel_0012A7b9_1.fuz, without there being a way to chuck out 02's entry for the file.

So, I ask, is there a way to merge multiple rename pair lists, in such a way that entries for files, which are present in the newer update lists, are removed in favour of the up to date entries?

I've uploaded the rename pair lists to Mediafire, in the off-chance that's of any use. https://www.mediafire.com/?q1lp21qdozh562a
MajinCry

Re: Merge Conflicting Rename Pairs

Postby Stefan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:04 am

Hi and welcome.

Q: is there a way to merge multiple rename pair lists, in such a way,
that entries for files, which are present in the newer update lists, are removed in favour of the up to date entries?

A: You doesn't seems to know the BRU change the file NAMEs, not the content of files?

Better you take a look on and learn some script languages, as for Win32TM VBS, JavaScript, or PowerShell.

The new PowerShell is extremely powerful, you can load first text file into an array and then compare
the second file line-wise, if already in array or not, and create that way a cleaned-up file.

BRU can't help you here in this special aspect.

---

OH, you speak about BRUs "Renaming From A Text File" feature?
Then the same as above: you have to maintenance those files yourself with appropriate tools.

Stefan

Return to BRU Support