Two problems with BRU

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Two problems with BRU

Postby glanza » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:25 am

I am having two problems with Bulk Rename Utility. First, Logical Sorting causes the program to crash. I start the program, the window opens, then it crashes. However, if I turn off Logical Sorting everything runs fine.

The second problem is the bru entries under FILE don't work. If I select one the directory simply changes to the desktop. However, if I use OPEN to access the bru it opens to the correct directory.
glanza

Postby Admin » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:57 am

Version numbers? Version of Windows?

Many thanks,

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby glanza » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:47 am

Admin wrote:Version numbers? Version of Windows?

Many thanks,

Jim

The latest version of BRU (2.4.1.0) running on Win 2KSP4.
glanza

Postby Admin » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:13 am

Many thanks.

The issue with the FILE menu is resolved in the beta. However, I cannot recreate the Logical Sorting crash. Can you give me any more details?

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby glanza » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:09 am

Admin wrote:Many thanks.

The issue with the FILE menu is resolved in the beta. However, I cannot recreate the Logical Sorting crash. Can you give me any more details?

Jim

I was playing with the options and selected logical sorting. As soon as I tried to open a folder the program crashed. I restarted it several times, but it would immediately crash (even without me opening a folder). I eventually had to delete the .ini file and reset the options without Logical Sorting to get it to run.

In case it helps, I believe it crashed with and without Selections (12) | Subfolders being selected. I remember I tested that to see if that was part of the problem.
glanza

Postby Admin » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:41 am

Could you send me an INI file where it goes wrong? I still cannot recreate this I'm afraid.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support