RemoveSpaces TitleCase

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

RemoveSpaces TitleCase

Postby Pauline » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:26 am

Hello
I am brand new to this programme. I used it last week to replace full names of files to another last week. Did about 2000 - this worked perfectly as it was pretty straight forward.

It is now getting a bit tricky. I have about 30 000 files that are all differently saved.

Most importantly I would like to change

1) each word to Title Case,
2)plus remove ALL spaces inbetween.
3) Change some of the common names like: Building to Bldg; Earthworks to EW , partners to Part etc.

Some of these files also have numbers and dates in them. I want to first do the above before tackling the dates and numbers.

E.G:
151113 longbay Earthworks fee proposal = 151112_LBEWFeeProp
IGL_141008_3276_Illustrative Masterplan - Building partners = IGL_141008_3276_IllustMastPlanBldgPart
Proposal - Mixed Use Development Albany - 14 September 2012 Rev 1 = PropMixedUseDevAlbany_14Sep2012_Rev1

I am sure this can be done - however, I am currently feeling pretty overwhelmed. I have read the instruction manual and a lot of the support pages. I just need a bit of a shove in the right direction please and I am hoping the penny will drop ...

Can you please help me?

Many thanks, from New Zealand :D
Pauline

Re: RemoveSpaces TitleCase

Postby Stefan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:33 am

Hi Pauline,

1) each word to Title Case,
Try Case(4) > Title

2)plus remove ALL spaces inbetween.
Try Remove(5) > Chars[~  ] (instead a '~' sign, enter a space)

3) Change some of the common names
Try Character Translations

Open "Options > Character Translations... (Strg+F6) and paste that table in:
B,u,i,l,d,i,n,g=B,l,d,g
E,a,r,t,h,w,o,r,k,s=E,W
p,a,r,t,n,e,r,s=P,a,r,t

EDIT due to Admins note:
Please note that BRU only save this translation table to the *.bru file, if you save the whole settings via "File > Save".
So you may want to save this definitions yourself into a text file for later re-use if you don't want to save the other settings too the same way?
Of course you can save different settings to different *.bru files, if you want, though.
END EDIT

See there for more >> http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1329&p=7265#p3705

- - -

If that works, please don't be shy to create a new thread (after you have searched the forum with g00gle,
most questions are already discusses) for each different question. If you need more help, just ask.

HTH? :wink:
Last edited by Stefan on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stefan

Postby Admin » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:21 am

Hi Stefan, I thought BRU does save the character translations in the BRU file? thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Stefan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:46 pm

Ahh, I see. Good find, thanks.

Since I never save current settings, to have a fresh / clean BRU next time, of course my 'character translations' table were not saved either.

So I did explain it wrong. Statements are modified now to reflect that fact.

Stefan

Return to BRU Support