"changing" resolution / exif metadata

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

"changing" resolution / exif metadata

Postby naltar » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:03 pm

Hello,
I have been using bru for other batch name-changing jobs, but I have come across it again, as I've been searching for a utility to change exif data in a large number of jpg files. originally they had correct resolution, but this has, somehow, got corrupted, and they now display various horizontal / vertical resolution(s), e.g. 300 dpi and, for some files, 200 dpi. To clarify, I do _not_ want to re-size the files, but to change horizontal / vertical in metadata so that image processing software will recognize it correctly. I have tried several pieces of software, no luck. I have heard that exiftool is "the" tool, but I have failed to run even the most popular gui for this (I did try hard to follow instructions). So, I have come across bulk rename utility page again, which reads:

Rename photos using EXIF metadata (i.e. "Date Picture Taken", "Resolution" and other information embedded in all JPG photo files)

My question: does it mean that I _can_ "rename" resolution, or that I can "raneme photos using exif metadata"? (which is, naturally, not the same thing). Unfortunately I can't see any exif information related to file(s) in question in the bru windows, and the only reference I found is to "extract... exif", which doesn't appear to do anything?

Regards,

n.
naltar

Re: "changing" resolution / exif metadata

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:42 am

Hi, currently BRU can use some EXIF data in order to rename files (change the file name), but it can not change EXIF data.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: "changing" resolution / exif metadata

Postby Emerkamp » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:20 pm

I've been searching for a utility to change exif data in a large number of jpg files

A Few suggestions..

1. ImBatch v4.5.0 -Small and portablie
2. XnViewMP
3. Exif Dropper -uses exif tool so you'll need to know cmd line syntax

All kinds of music tagging software, but nothing close when it comes to photos.
Emerkamp

Return to BRU Support