New File/Folder Timestamps problem

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

New File/Folder Timestamps problem

Postby Eric » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:34 pm

I have an odd problem with the New File/Folder Timestamps function, which I am trying to use to change the date Created to the date Taken (Original).

I've used Extract > Exif data to get the date Taken (Original). In the overview window, BRU displays this date incorrectly. Instead of the correct date, I get the date I created a backup of my photos from CF cards to a tablet. However, when I click on the New File/Folder Timestamps function and select files to get a preview, this preview (in green) shows the correct dates (the dates stored in the EXIF). Unfortunately, when I then run the function by clicking Rename, BRU puts the incorrect date Taken (Original) in the date Created field.
In other words, BRU can see the correct date Taken (Original), but refuses to actually put it in the date Created field.

Any suggestions?
I could upload a screen capture if necessary.
Thanks!

Eric
Eric

Re: New File/Folder Timestamps problem

Postby Admin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:22 am

Hi, could you post a screen capture ? And would you be able to send a file example to support @ bulkrenameutility (email) ? thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: New File/Folder Timestamps problem

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:35 pm

Dear admin, thanks for your reply! I sent you a file through the mail.
Eric

Return to BRU Support