Mapped drives not showing?

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Mapped drives not showing?

Postby bobbyvee » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:34 pm

It says in the FAQ
Does the application support UNC network paths?
No, but you can easily map the network path to a drive-letter in Windows

I have mapped drives, they show up in Windows Explorer but not in BRU.
What have I missed?
bobbyvee

Re: Mapped drives not showing?

Postby therube » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:40 pm

v2713, working here.

I have both a local mapped drive letter (G: maps to C:) & a different computer on the LAN (Z: maps to networked computer).

Double check your directory listings & see if you're mapped drive isn't in some unexpected location on the list?
therube

Postby Admin » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:53 am

Hi, what version of Windows? thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Postby jcolton » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:28 am

I know this is kinda old, but this will hopefully clarify why this would happen...

It has to do with your local permissions versus your mapped drive permissions. If you are mapping a drive with either an Active Directory account, or an account on another windows machine on your network, and you use Bulk Rename with "Run As Administrator", you are actually telling the Bulk Rename executable to use an account that most likely doesn't have permissions to access the mapped drive's network location, even if it's a local administrative credential.

Just make sure the account you are logging into your computer with is a member of the Local Administrators group, make sure that account has permissions to read and write to the network location of your mapped drive, and run Bulk Rename without "Run As Administrator", and it will work great :D :D
jcolton

Return to BRU Support