screen format

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

screen format

Postby bwilmot » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:53 pm

The preview area of files is only one line. See attached screen image. [img]file:///C:/3_Work/DOWNLOADS/2016-04-26_154950.png[/img]

(Okay, I can see the image doesn't appear. Is it possible to attach/post an image?)
What gives?

Thanx in advance
bwilmot

Re: screen format

Postby Admin » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:37 am

Hi, can you send the screenshot to support please? See:
http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Contact.php

thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Postby bwilmot » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:44 am

The current directory has 121 items. Screen allotment at top, shows at most 1 file, which limits preview of massive renames.
See attachment sent via email to support..a.t...bulkrenameutility.co.uk
bwilmot

Postby Admin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:50 am

Thank you for the screenshot. I can see what you mean. Can you make the BRU window bigger? What version of Windows are you running?
thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Postby bwilmot » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:30 am

Windows 7 Prem Ed....currently patched.
Screen is maximized.

I think I know what is causing the problem. It will be easier to send another image than to explain.
Even if this is the problem....BRU should have an override option. I did not test it because I think it requires a reboot, plus the OS resenting a gazillion registry entries for 10 minutes. And of course this Windows control option is global. I've tried changing BRU application properties and compatibility but no luck since Windows does not allow and change.

Problem might also be caused by other control panel options on font sizes, for which I have selected typically 14pt and 16pt for many panel elements (title bar, menu bar etc.); These too are global parameters, that if set smaller would affect dozens of other programs, which all currently seem to behave acceptably. I will gladly make a small donation if this problem can be solved satisfactorily.

BRU is a great utility.

Much thanx in advance.
bwilmot

Return to BRU Support