Need help with simple numbering problem

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Need help with simple numbering problem

Postby minititof » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:18 pm

Hello!

First of all, I tried using the app myself but I can't manage to do what I want, so I will describe my problem here to you and hope that someone could help me.
I have a file called "paper-input.html" and I need 99 copies of it in total. I want them to be called paper-input.html (original), paper-input2.html, paper-input3.html ... paper-input100.html.
So I copied and pasted the same file in the same folder, and now I have the original file plus 99 copies with the following name: paper-input - Copy (7).html etc.
Therefore I would like to remove the " - Copy (x)" part and add the numbering.

Help would be more than welcome, thanks!
minititof

Re: Need help with simple numbering problem

Postby therube » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:11 pm

Note that this will not create the files, rather only rename existing files in the format you've shown.

-------

1.RegEx

Code: Select all
Match:  (.*?)
Replace:  \1

(Note that in the Match, there is a <space> following the closing paren, ")<space>".)

10.Numbering

Mode: Suffix
Start: 2
therube

Postby minititof » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:23 am

Thank you, it works exactly as intended!
minititof

Postby therube » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:12 pm

Note that this will not create the files, rather only rename existing files in the format you've shown.

If one needs to create files, something like this might help (& untested by me), FileTool.
therube

Postby minititof » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:53 am

therube wrote:

If one needs to create files, something like this might help (& untested by me), FileTool.

I simply copied the said file and pressed CTRL V 50 times, works well too.
minititof

Return to BRU Support