Cannot unistall BRU

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Cannot unistall BRU

Postby terrypin » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:53 pm

Long time user of Jim Willsher's excellent program on XP. Recently installed on new PC with Windows 10 (after 15 years of XP) and just noticed I have no context menu in Explorer, for loading BRU 'here'. But I've also only just realised that this is the 32 bit version, BRU 2.5.4.1. So I'm about to download the 64-bit version, which will hopefully solve the context menu issue.. However, I had a warning to unnistall the previous version first. But I cannot see it in Add/Remove Programs, or in Revo Uninstaller. Nor is it in the Start menu. And I cannot find an Uninstall in C:\Program Files (x86)\Bulk Rename Utility. How should I remove it please?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
terrypin

Re: Cannot unistall BRU

Postby terrypin » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:58 am

I went ahead and installed 3.0.0.1 and was pleased to get the Explorer context menu back.

Still hope to get advice on how to uninstall the previous version. Perhaps I should try to re-install it again first?

--
terrypin

Postby Admin » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:27 pm

Hi, did you use the installer to install the old version? Or did you use the no-install zip? thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Postby terrypin » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Thanks for the reply, but I have no idea. Many years ago!

Meanwhile I've deleted the separate folder for the old version in C:\Program Files (x86), but of course that undoubtedly leaves many registry entries.

--
terrypin

Return to BRU Support