Setting a Default Place for Bulk Rename

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Setting a Default Place for Bulk Rename

Postby adkrev » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:27 pm

I do 95% of my renaming in one folder. I would like BR to open to that folder as its default. Is this possible?

The right click "Bulk Rename From Here" doesn't seem to work. Sometimes it is present and other times not. However even when I choose that option, nothing happens. Maybe I misunderstand how to use that.

Thanks.

"Computers: You are either in heaven or hell"
adkrev

Postby KHL » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:32 am

Hi adkrev,

start BRU
change into your mostly used renaming folder
activate all renaming options you want to set as standard
save settings via File|Save as... as My_renaming_standards.bru (that's just a guess...)

You then can easily load this favourite in BRU via File|Open and BRU will open the folder with all of your preferred options already activated.

Cheers
Karl-Heinz
KHL

Solution maybe

Postby adkrev » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:57 pm

Thanks for the tip. I did as instructed.
Opened BRU
Opened the folder "shared" (the one I work in mostly)
Saved as "My_renaming_standards.bru"
Closed BRU and reopened it
File-Open-My_renaming_standards - This did not open the file

However, I saved that file to the shared folder. How when I click on shared that file is there and opens BRU.

I am not sure what I did or didn't do that prevented me from opening the folder within BRU, but you sent me in the right direction and I can do what I wanted to do now.

By the way, I use version 2, 1, 0, 10

On the website it says that 2.5 is available, but when I went to install it, it only gave me option to repair or uninstall. Do I have the latest or do I need to uninstall BRU before downloading the update? Thanks.
adkrev

Postby Admin » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:49 pm

2.5.3.1 is the latest version on the website. As you've got such an old version (earlier than 2.3.0.0) you'll need to uninstall the old version prior to installing the latest version.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Done

Postby adkrev » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:29 pm

Thanks for your help.
adkrev

Return to BRU Support