Interface Too Large for One Screen

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Interface Too Large for One Screen

Postby RedGhost » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:27 pm

Thank you in advance for any help and just for taking the time to read!

TL;DR=BRU Interface is too large to fit on one screen.

I have an issue that the default size of BRU is too large for one screen. The text, dialog boxes, and buttons are so large that they overlap. It makes the application unusable if I maximize to one screen but I can just barely get by using three screens to display BRU at its default launch size (see screenshot).

Here are the facts:
*This happens on both of my Microsoft Surfaces, 3 Pro and 4 Pro but not my laptop or HTPC.
*Both Microsoft Surfaces are using Microsoft docking stations with two additional monitors hooked up to them.
*4 Pro setup has a 4k and 1080k monitors both landscape (BRU will barely fit on the 4k monitor making it almost usable).
*3 Pro setup has two 1080k displays, one landscape and one portrait. (The screenshot below is on this setup).
*I have an old HP Elitebook with a 1600x900 display it BRU runs just fine.
*I have an Intel NUC with a single 1080k display and BRU runs just fine.

Here is what I have tried:
*I have tried launch BRU without being docked, same issue.
*I have tried adjusting the “Change the size of text, apps, and other items: 150% (Recommended)” to 100% and 125%, no joy.
*I have tried the Windows Program Compatibility Wizard and manual options to adjust the text size displayed, no joy.

Link to screenshot: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzCZztOiS2W4WWI1blVQaGNvS2M

Thanks again!
RedGhost

Re: Interface Too Large for One Screen

Postby Admin » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:34 am

Hi, thanks for the report. What is the screen resolution of the two Surface PRO ? thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Interface Too Large for One Screen

Postby RedGhost » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:08 am

No worries, thank you.

3 Pro - 2160x1440
4 Pro - 2736x1824
RedGhost

Return to BRU Support