Copy folders along with their files to another place

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Copy folders along with their files to another place

Postby jwc » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:50 am

I am able to successfully search for a group of folders that I want to copy to another location. Unfortunately there is no way to copy them along with their files (even using move/copy). With BRU move/copy, I only am able to copy the folder names to a new location. I'm not able to copy their files. Am I missing something? If you know how to do this, I'd be grateful.
jwc

Re: Copy folders along with their files to another place

Postby JMM » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:47 pm

No, you can't do that with BRU. That's a task for a copier or synchronizer. However you can right-click on the selected folders, and in the context menu choose clipboard -> Pathname. That will copy the list of folders with complete pathname to the clipboard, so you can paste it into Notepad or elsewhere and use that list to feed another program, or create a batch file to copy yourself the wanted folders. Beep me if you need more directions, as I often use BRU for that; BRU for selecting what I want to copy, and then create a batch file to do the actual copy (to maintaint the folder structure).
JMM

Re: Copy folders along with their files to another place

Postby Admin » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:18 am

Hi, we make a fully featured file copier / synchronizer , you can download a trial from here if you wish:
http://viceversa.pro

cheers
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support