Filters (12) and Reset

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Filters (12) and Reset

Postby HogCall » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:09 pm

I just upgraded from 2.7.1.2 to 3.0.0.1. I used to be able to set the Filters (12) to the files I wanted to see within the tree, and when I clicked the Reset button the Filters wouldn't change. I find myself doing dozens and dozens of edits, clicking the Reset button after each to make sure I have a clean pallet. But now the Filters also revert back to the default settings. In just the first few minutes this has become extremely cumbersome, having to reset that each time.

I know I can Reset each specific area, & I also know I can Save of the settings and use [Ctrl]+[E]. However, when I'm cleaning up a huge folder of files to get organized, I prefer the method that works fastest for my preferences and that is the Reset button. I'd just like the behavior of the previous version in this particular case. I can go back to that version if needed (assuming I can find that install file), I just need to know if that is my only option.

Thanks for any help!
HogCall

Re: Filters (12) and Reset

Postby Admin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:06 am

Hello, there is an "R" button you can click next to a control group to reset only that group. The groups that are not default are highlighted.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Filters (12) and Reset

Postby HogCall » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:20 pm

Yeah, I said I knew I could do that, and while I sometimes use it, it is cumbersome if you are resetting 3 of 4 control groups. I just wish I could set the default settings for a group so that the Reset button went back to those specific settings.

Guess I'll see about rolling back to a previous version when I get a chance. Thanks.
HogCall

Return to BRU Support