Command line silent install

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Command line silent install

Postby O.H.Dog » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:38 pm

I consider BRU so essential that I want to use Nlite to include it in my XP re-install CD.

Is there a silent install option? Many installers use /silent or similar to automatically install without the pop up window. I could not find one in the forums (or with Google).

I could build something from the standalone zip and a .reg file, but I would rather use a predefined option if it is available.

I just checked. I've been using BRU for four years now. It works so well, this is the first time I had to ask a question.
O.H.Dog

Re: Command line silent install

Postby Admin » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:58 am

Hi,

I use the excellent Tarma installer, and it looks like there's some command-line options available:

http://tarma.com/support/tin3/0800-setup/cmdline.htm

I've not experimented with any of them, and cannot vouch for what they do, but there might be something useful there.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby O.H.Dog » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:39 am

Thanks. The magic option was /q

I will post the Nlite addon file when I have it done.

P.S. Sorry I took so long to reply.
O.H.Dog

Postby O.H.Dog » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:27 am

Here is an update on my progress.

I have not yet been able to integrate BRU into an XP install image.

Windows installation insists on a screen resolution of 640x480. It turns out that BRU refuses to install if the resolution is set to 640x480.

It fails with the message:

"Target requirements check failed:
-640x-480 pixels, 32bits/pixel (800x600x4 or better required)
The application cannot be installed on this system.
Please contact the application vendor for further information."

Using either the /q or /q2 quiet mode option I can install from the command line, only after the screen resolution has been set to 800x600 or more. Setting the /e mask still does not allow it to install at the lower resolution.

I have not yet tried to install from a zip file and reg tweaks. That might work if I can figure out how to apply the reg settings.

P.S. Thank goodness for VirtualBox (and other virtual machines). I would have a spindle of coasters by now if I had burned every image to disk.
O.H.Dog

Return to BRU Support