BRU 2.7.0.2 = Dead End

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

BRU 2.7.0.2 = Dead End

Postby Bruser » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:31 am

Hi,

First of all, I want to thank Jim for this fantastic free program !
No comparison with competitors... :mrgreen:

BRU 2.7.0.2 [no-installer]
Win98 SE
IE 6

I have experimented creating a shortcut to BRU in "Windows SendTo" to see what happens ( "path" or "path" "%1" ).
I got "An invalid argument was encountered" window that can be closed but, after that, BRU can't close !
Task manager is the only way to kill it.

Small request : Ability to download Help file alone (not the PDF...).

Finally, I want to congratulate author for the cleanliness of his site and this forum... :wink:

Regards.
Bruser

Re: BRU 2.7.0.2 = Dead End

Postby Admin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:32 am

Hi, and many thanks for your kind comments.

BRU isn't designed to use the "send to" functionality, but it might work. Passing the pathname should be correct, since this is exactly what the "Bulk Rename Here" utility does. It will accept a filename or a pathname as a parameter.

Having said that, I haven't tested the code for this scenario. And I definitely wouldn't be testing it on Windows 98 (which is clearly very very old now).

Jim

PS The help file is available in the "no install" version on the website, but it's absolutely identical content to the PDF.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bruser » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:42 am

Hi,

Many thanks, Jim, for answering !

The alone Help file is for users who started in [no-installer mode] and want to add Help, attainable within the proggy, without download and install of the whole package...

Regards.
Bruser

Postby Admin » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi,

if you downloaded the NoInstaller version then it already contains the help file. You just need to make sure it's in the same fodler as the .EXE (as the readme instructions state).

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bruser » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:23 pm

Oooooops !
Apologies... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I goofed by opening only the "Win98ME" folder, BRU.chm is in "All" folder.

Many thanks, Jim.
Bruser

Return to BRU Support