Winkey + E (Windows logo key) problem

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Winkey + E (Windows logo key) problem

Postby caroline » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:59 pm

Hi,
Maybe this is just a coincidence, but after installing Bulk Rename Utility, the Winkey + E (the other combinations are still fine) stopped responding.
When I then open Explorer via the quicklaunch, it opens My Documents instead of My Computer.
It's not a big drama but it's pretty annoying.
I Installed BRU on 2 computers and I have the problem on both.

After uninstalling BRU the problem remains.

Anyone an idea?

I just discovered BRU but I like it very much, especially the instant preview option, and for the rest: it's very easy and has all the renaming possibilities I can imagine.

By this way I thank the "makers/inventors"

Caroline :?:
caroline

Re: Winkey + E (Windows logo key) problem

Postby Admin » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:54 pm

Hi Caroline,

I'm pretty sure there's nothing in BRU that can do this. All BRU does to the "shell" is add the Bulk Rename Here interface, which is using very standard Windows coding. The uninstallation routine reverses everything, and so I'm pretty confident it's not a BRU issue.

I see you've a thread over on majorgeeks too, but no useful asnwers as yet on there. There's a number of other threads on the web about restoring winkey shortcuts, e.g. http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=631118 so you might like to try the solutions offered there.

Jim
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support