Auto Date Prefix not work as expected

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Auto Date Prefix not work as expected

Postby AndrewRH » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:56 pm

Hi,

I selected the "Remove (5)", "Add (7)" and "Auto Date (8)" features.

I wanted to prefix a file with "ARH" and have that followed by the date the photo was taken, and keep the photo number applied by the camera. For example, "ARH20080525-1262.JPG".

Since the "Add" was applied before the "Auto Date" I expected this to work...but it didn't. I got "20080525-ARH1262.JPG" instead.

The "Auto Date" prefix always came before the "Add" prefix. I even tried adjusting the "at pos" setting of the "Add" feature but that didn't sort it either.

~Andrew~
The Reeves-Hall Family
AndrewRH

Re: Auto Date Prefix not work as expected

Postby GMA » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:32 am

I couldn't find a way to do it all in one step, but you can do it in two. I'm sure you already figured that out, but I'll mention how anyway:

Step 1: Set fields "Remove (5)" and "Auto Date (8)" exactly as shown in your picture, and press "Rename".
Step 2: Uncheck fields 5 and 8 and set field "Add (7)" also as shown in your picture. Press "Rename".

The only difference between doing one or two steps is three more seconds, so, I supose it's not really a problem having to use this method. Well, I hope that was of any help.
BTW, IrfanView and Bulk Rename Utility... nice ;) (I happen to be the author of the spanish translation of IrfanView for some years now).
Best regards,

Gabriel.
Mar del Plata - Argentina
GMA

Re: Auto Date Prefix not work as expected

Postby AndrewRH » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:26 pm

Just found a way! I set the "Auto Date (8)" to:
  • Mode = Prefix
  • Type = Taken (Original)
  • Fmt = Custom
  • Custom = ARH%Y%m%d-

(I also set the "Remove (5)" to delete the first few characters of the file, usually the "DSCN" that my camera puts there).

Thus, I can rename my photos from "DSC00238.JPG" to "ARH20081220-00238.JPG" in just one step!

~Andrew~
AndrewRH

Return to BRU Support