Creating multiple files from single file

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

Creating multiple files from single file

Postby dmbisone » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:39 pm

Hello,

So far the Rename from List feature has worked great for me, I used excel to concatenate the new and old separated by | and it is working well.

The situation I now have is this: My company uses the same image file name for many products that are very similar, but need to generate unique names for each file. For example, I essentially am trying to do the following:
"Image1.jpg|UPC Code 1.jpg"
"Image1.jpg|UPC Code 2.jpg"
"Image1.jpg|UPC Code 3.jpg"
"Image1.jpg|UPC Code 4.jpg"

So you can see the image is the same (Image1) but each one has to be assigned a unique product UPC code in order for me to upload them to a customers site. Is this possible with this utility or do I need to manually create many copies of the image and rename to the unique UPC's from there?

Many thanks,
Steve
dmbisone

Re: Creating multiple files from single file

Postby GMA » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:14 am

Hi, Steve:
No, BRU can't take a single file and multply it by X. Like you said, I'm afraid you're gonna have to make those copies manually and then use BRU to rename them the way you want.
Making the copies manually can be done pretty fast (even if they're hundreds) by selecting the original image, pressing CTRL+C (to copy) and then leaving pressed CTRL+V (to paste multiple times); the number of copies will start to grow very fast. Keep an eye on the status bar of your file explorer for an indicator of the number of copies so far, so you know exactly when to let go CTRL+V.
Best regards,

Gabriel.
GMA

Postby tonyrocks » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:47 pm

I don't mean to bump this thread, but I'm wondering if anything new has been added that can allow for this? I really need to copy ComingSoon.jpg to multiple file names based on my pair name file.

thanks!
tonyrocks

Postby Stefan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:17 pm

Check that thread out >>> http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2153
Stefan

Return to BRU Support