I want to remove text from select files and don't know how

Post any Bulk Rename Utility support requirements here. Open to all registered users.

I want to remove text from select files and don't know how

Postby CosmoQueen » Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:49 pm

Here is what I'm looking at: This is copied path from file location to notepad++:

"C:\Users\Sweet\Downloads\FireShot\FireShot Capture 249 - The 14 Best How-To Sites That Everyone Should Bookmark -www.makeuseof.com.pdf"
"C:\Users\Sweet\Downloads\FireShot\FireShot Capture 255 - What's Trending_ Find Out With These Real-Time Data Websites_ -www.makeuseof.com.pdf"
"C:\Users\Sweet\Downloads\FireShot\FireShot Capture 254 - The Top 12 Things to Do When You're Bored Online -www.makeuseof.com.pdf"
"C:\Users\Sweet\Downloads\FireShot\FireShot Capture 253 - The Top 15 Sites for Copyright and Royalty-Free Images -www.makeuseof.com.pdf"
"C:\Users\Sweet\Downloads\FireShot\FireShot Capture 252 - These 6 Firefox Extensions Save You Money While You Shop -www.makeuseof.com.pdf"
"C:\Users\Sweet\Downloads\FireShot\FireShot Capture 251 - The 12 Best Dark Wallpaper Sites for Dark Desktop Backgrounds_ -www.makeuseof.com.pdf"
"C:\Users\Sweet\Downloads\FireShot\FireShot Capture 250 - The 12 Best Free and Fun Websites for Movie Lovers -www.makeuseof.com.pdf"

This is what I see in Bulk Rename Utility:
FireShot Capture 249 - The 14 Best How-To Sites That Everyone Should Bookmark -www.makeuseof.com.pdf"
FireShot Capture 255 - What's Trending_ Find Out With These Real-Time Data Websites_ -www.makeuseof.com.pdf"
FireShot Capture 254 - The Top 12 Things to Do When You're Bored Online -www.makeuseof.com.pdf"
FireShot Capture 253 - The Top 15 Sites for Copyright and Royalty-Free Images -www.makeuseof.com.pdf"
FireShot Capture 252 - These 6 Firefox Extensions Save You Money While You Shop -www.makeuseof.com.pdf"
FireShot Capture 251 - The 12 Best Dark Wallpaper Sites for Dark Desktop Backgrounds_ -www.makeuseof.com.pdf"
FireShot Capture 250 - The 12 Best Free and Fun Websites for Movie Lovers -www.makeuseof.com.pdf"

I want to remove the "FireShot Capture ### - I want to keep "The Article Title" and also remove: -www.makeuseof.com I want to remove just the select text from each file name and keep all the other stuff for the "Article Title".

Dose anyone know how to do this if so please let me know if this is possible.

Thank You to all that reply.
CosmoQueen

Re: I want to remove text from select files and don't know how

Postby Admin » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:56 am

Try RegEx (1)

Switch on the option "Simple" in there , then :

Match: %1 - %2 -www%3
Replace: %2

Select all files you want to rename and click on Preview to make sure it's what you want.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to BRU Support